Brown Rice Chirashi Bowl
Turn our microwavable rice into sushi rice for a delicious chirashi.
Recipe Serves 2
Minutes Prep 10
Minutes Cook 5
Total Minutes 15
¼ cup rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
2 packages Annie Chun’s Brown Rice
4 ounces sashimi-grade salmon
4 ounces sashimi-grade tuna
2 tablespoons pickled ginger
¼ cup shredded red cabbage
2 mini cucumbers, sliced very thinly
2 teaspoons black or white sesame seeds
Soy sauce, for serving
Wasabi, for serving
- In a small saucepan, bring the rice vinegar, sugar and salt to a simmer over low heat. Cook, stirring, until the sugar and salt are fully dissolved. Let the mixture cool.
- Cook the rice according to package instructions, then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle the cooled vinegar mixture over the rice, then use a wooden spoon to mix the vinegar into the rice.
- Divide the sushi rice between bowls. Arrange the salmon, tuna, ginger, cabbage, and cucumbers on top of the rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Serve with soy sauce and wasabi on the side.